Web Traffic: Paid vs Organic Traffic
Web traffic means the number of visitors that visit a website either directly or using a referral site. Suppose 100 people visit a website named mywebsite.com in a day than we can say the traffic is 100 visitors on this particular website for the particular day. Any website can get two types of traffic
- Paid Traffic
- Organic Traffic
1. Paid Traffic:
The traffic that can be generated by spending money called paid traffic. Paid traffic comes from paid sources means if a website owner spends money to purchase Ads or to promote website, brand or product to get visitors then traffic is called paid traffic.
- Paid traffic can be generated in a very short time period.
- Paid traffic can increase the business very fast.
- You can get paid traffic using less effort.
- To get paid traffic you need to have a good amount of budget.
- You can get paid traffic until you spend money; once you stop spending money paid traffic will be stopped automatically.
- Paid traffic might include fake visitors. Fake visitors never help to increase the business.
How to get paid traffic or visitors?
Main sources of getting paid traffic are
- Google Adwords (PPC), Bing Adwords
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- Social Media Marketing (SMM)
- Email Marketing
2. Organic Traffic:
Any traffic that we generate without spending money called organic traffic or visitors. Organic traffic is opposite of paid traffic.
- You don’t need to spend money to get organic traffic.
- Organic traffic help running the business for long-term
- Organic traffic mostly have real traffic and have more chance to convert in to deal
- Organic traffic needs more time to spend then paid traffic.
- To get the organic traffic you need to make more efforts compare to paid traffic.
- Once you stop working, after some days your organic traffic will decrease automatically.
How can I get organic traffic?
- A search engine is the best source to get organic traffic
- Guest blogs are also good sources to get organic traffic.
- Using social media optimization (SMO) you can get organic, real-time traffic or visitors.